“Raising awareness on the sustainability of artificial intelligence”
The Sustainable AI Lab brings together researchers from various backgrounds to conduct projects aimed at:
- measuring & assessing the environmental impact of AI
- ways of making AI systems more sustainable
- directing AI towards the sustainable development goals
The Sustainable AI Lab is an initiative of Aimee van Wynsberghe, director of Bonn University’s Institute of Science and Ethics, and the result of her Humboldt Professorship for Applied Ethics of AI, which was awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Prof. van Wynsberghe speaks about the risks of AI for Persons with Disabilities at the World's first G7 Global Inclusion Summit
Click here for more information.
- Aimee van Wynsberghe admitted to the Academy of Sciences and LiteratureClick here for more information.
- Call for papers
Bonn Sustainable AI conference 2023:
"Sustainable AI Across Borders"
Deadline for abstract submission: January 15th 2023
Conference: May 30th to June 1st 2023
Visit the conference website for more information: